- This lesson will help you learn:
- What the terms addiction, tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal mean
- How many people have been prescribed opioids to treat pain, and what percent of them become addicted to the opioid
- Can a person with a history of addiction, or a person at high risk of addiction, use opioids safely to treat pain?
- How can health care providers help prevent addiction?
- What are the warning signs of addiction to opioids?
Click the “expand” arrows at the bottom right of the slide screen to see the slideshow in full screen.