- Even when you get the very best medical treatment, it doesn’t always mean that your pain will disappear and you’ll be “cured.” People who think that their usual medical care isn’t helping any longer may decide to look around at other types of treatment. That’s how many people first learn about complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- In this lesson you’ll learn:
- How to get good information about complementary and alternative treatments
- The difference between complementary medicine and alternative medicine
- What treatment “safety” means
- What treatment “efficacy” means
- Some specific “CAM” treatments
- How to look for and choose a CAM provider
Click the “expand” arrows at the bottom right of the slide screen to see the slideshow in full screen.